Friday 27 March 2015

Music Video Final Draft



This is the final draft of my music video. I was unable to do successful fade overs with the footage that I had so I had to create another way in which I could go round this.

For my first fade over that I planned to do, which was between both my actors, I have decided just to place the two shots next to each other instead. This doesn't look as effective as I hoped it to be but it still flows well and fits in time with the lyrics of the song.

My other fade over that I planned to do was with both my actors and my shot of the TV with the broadcast footage over the top of it. I wanted to have the TV positioned in the centre of the frame with my actress lip-syncing on the left hand side of the frame and my actor fading in on the right-hand side of the frame when he begins to lip-sync. However I was unable to do this as I shot it against an unsuitable background. So to resolve this I positioned the TV bigger on the right-hand side of the frame with just my actress fading in on the left-hand side of the screen and this has seemed to work out quite well in my opinion. 

Another change that I have made is increasing the shot length of my shots of the TV against the black background. I have done this so that it leads up to the close up shot of the TV during the broadcast sequence and makes more sense within my video.

The final change that I made to this draft was making the TV broadcast sequence in black and white so that the fade over doesn't look as noticeable. 

Overall, I am happy with my final draft of my music video because I think that it flows well, the lip-syncing is in time with the song and I have a range of different shot types and have experimented with my editing techniques. If I could change it though I would have reshot some footage to make it of a higher quality and I would have filmed my fade over parts against a green screen rather than a yellow wall in order to make sure that my fade overs work well.


No comments:

Post a Comment